▲ 3 ▼ Hiring: Senior Software Engineer - Golang Remote
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Platform Tools team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with substantial experience in the Go programming language and its related tools. In this role, you will help develop, maintain, package, and support our core tools and contribute to related community projects. You'll join a fast-paced, highly experienced, and exciting engineering team distributed across the globe and will participate in a vibrant open source culture. You'll help promote quality and innovation in the Red Hat Platform Tools team and within the Go community. As a part of the Platform Tools team, you will be responsible for the core compilers, libraries, and related tools used in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Fedora releases, as well as the C and C++ toolchains at the core of Red Hat Developer Toolset. This role can be based anywhere around the world; time zones overlapping with Eastern Standard Time are preferred.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with the Red Hat Platform Tools team to develop world-class tools through practical development and collaboration with the open source Go community
- Interact with internal and external developers and communities
- Work with the toolchain team and other Red Hat engineering teams as well as the community on senior-level feature contributions to Golang, related compiler bug fixes, efficiency improvements, and optimizations, and some light packaging work where needed
- Accept, analyze, and respond to bug reports against tools packages in your area of responsibility
- Plan and track development and periodically report progress to team management
- 3+ years of experience in open source compiler or tools development
- 3+ years of experience with the Go language, runtime and tools
- Experience with or exposure to the Linux kernel is helpful
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
The following requirements are a plus:
- Experience with C/C++ toolchains and debuggers
- Advanced knowledge of Go language, compiler, library, runtime, and debug internals
- Practical experience developing Go tools for enterprise use
- Direct experience with Go tools community participation
- Knowledge of and experience with system tools internals (e.g. compilers, debug formats)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.