▲ 4 ▼ Hiring: Senior Operations / TLS Engineer at Fastly
Senior Operations / TLS Engineer
We’re looking for talented engineers with experience in building, monitoring, supporting and automating backend systems to join our team. This role is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the platform to deliver our core CDN configurations as well as our future Edge Cloud products. We have local offices in San Francisco, Portland and other locations. Remote workers are also encouraged to apply. Pacific time zone or close to is preferred.
To be effective in this role, you would have:
- Understanding of TLS and DNS in use in CDNs or other global networks.
- Experience with Go, Python, Bash in distributed applications (Perl, Ruby also good).
- Experience operating and managing always-on multi-tier systems.
- Experience operating, diagnosing and managing in a heterogeneous environment.
- Experience improving the reliability and efficiency of fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Superhuman attention to detail is a bonus!
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. You’ll be a good candidate if you have experience and/or interest in SOME of these:
- Interest in TLS internals: certificate chain handling, cross signing, Certification Authorities, ACME
- Maintaining and contributing to large-scale and/or global production systems
- Software and systems archeology
- Linux/UNIX systems, both high and low level
- Expertise in analyzing, profiling, and troubleshooting and large-scale, distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, release deployment)
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable
accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and
certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in
the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment
opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us
if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate
in the application process.