▲ 5 ▼ Learn Go Programming - Yearly Recap
Articles from 2017
You may read the articles in the order I‘m listing here. Almost all of my articles include explanations, tips and tricks, visuals and code exercises which you can try online.
- About Go Language — An Overview
Go ecosystem and the language’s overview.
★ Go Packages
- Introduction to Go Packages
What is a package?
- How to use packages
How to use your own, others’ and Go standard library’s packages?
- Special Packages and Directories
About internal, main, library and vendor directories.
- Organize your code with packages
How to design a Go program with packages.
- How to decouple your packages
How to increase code maintainability with packages.
- Go Packages Rulebook
Summarizing the rules for reference.
- Fix your $GOPATH and $GOROOT
How to configure them and what they do.
- Visual guide to Go Variables
Introduction to variables and declaration styles.
- Short-variable declarations rulebook
Tips and tricks about how to use short-variables. Intermediate-level.
- Visual guide to Go Constants
Introduction to untyped and typed constants.
- Ultimate Visual Guide to Go Enums
How to define an enum in Go and how to use iota?
- Funcs — Baby-Gopher’s Visual Guide
Introducing Go functions with examples.
- The Zoo of Go Functions
Introductory tour of anonymous, higher-order, closure, concurrent, deferred, variadic funcs and methods.
- Ultimate Guide to Go Variadic Funcs
A variadic func accepts variable number of input values — zero or more. The article covers everything about variadic funcs.
- Defer Simplified with Practical Visuals
Introduction to deferred functions. Includes deferred funcs, multiple defers, deferred methods, deferred closures, and other examples.
- Defer Internals — Quick Look
An intermediate-level article. Asking the question: Are defers run after or before the func returns?
- 5 Gotchas of Defer in Go (Golang) — Part II
Beginner-level article which covers some basic pitfalls of deferred funcs.
- 5 Gotchas of Defer in Go (Golang) — Part I
Intermediate-level article which covers some more advanced pitfalls of deferred funcs.
Register to comment or vote on this story