▲ 5 ▼ Hiring: Back end services engineer (Go-Centric)
Cinder is looking for a Back-End Services Engineerto fill a role for our clients in Lake Oswego, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week direct hire opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Our client is searching for a software engineer who is eager to solve problems, collaborate with team members, and work in a DevOps-supported, continuous deployment environment. We are looking for candidates who have a deep knowledge of multiple programming languages, particularly those that comprise our stack: Go, Python, and Ruby (with an emphasis on Go for this position). Ideally, you are passionate about anything with a Gopher icon and strive for clean, well-tested, and expressive code. Currently, we are seeking someone who can dive into our Go microservices managed by our “Services” guild, which helps build services for our Platform. Here, you will be developing in a microservice architecture, where you will build REST APIs given solid requirements and using best practices. You especially love that we have unit tests and code coverage reports and feel strongly about keeping the code well tested for easy, continuous releases with less than 5% bugs, and feel at home in a Dev-Ops driven Unix-like environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in Go, Python, C, PHP, or Java application development, or a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math or related STEM fields.
- 2+ years working with Python, Go, Ruby or Java in industry settings.
- 2+ years of experience working with React, Angular, Backbone, Ember or Elm.
- 3+ years working in a team environment as a programmer.
- At least a year of database experience including any of MSSQL, MySql or PostgreSQL.
- At least a year of micro-service stack development experience.
- Ability to learn and understand the media buying process and business goals in order to develop intelligent solutions for users and clients.
- Experience using distributed code repositories (Git, Mercurial) in a team environment or a large open source project.
- Prior experience supporting multiple browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Prior development of REST APIs
- Prior experience with Elasticsearch or other non-relational databases.
- Prior experience with Mapbox GL JS or similar map rendering tech.
- Experience working with either Webpack, Redux or Yarn.
- Job Location: Lake Oswego, OR
- Shift: Normal business hours