▲ 3 ▼ Hiring: Senior Go Developer at Fresh8 (relocation offered)
Fresh8 is hiring for a senior Back End Developer interested in the kinds of challenges that come with delivering high throughput personalised content to a global subscriber base, crunching large datasets and preparing for a 20 fold increase in demand.
We've built an innovative adtech platform that's integrated within online betting platforms to connect sports fans with highly relevant content. Our whole stack is built on open source and we contribute back wherever possible, check us out on Github.
We're hiring for a senior Back End Developer to work across the application layers of our microservice-based Web service-driven architecture. We've been running Go in production for over four years, and we're ready to support your learning as you cross train to Go and Node.js, getting you started on projects that suit your strengths.
We’re about collaboration and openness, with a fairly flat team structure. We’re fast moving and we iterate and ship code fast. We're expanding rapidly and now is a great time to join us with lots of great software to write as we scale out our technology.
We're currently working on
- Automated scaling of our platform to handle over 20x spikes in requests
- Improving stability across the platform using monitoring of metrics, profiling services, and benchmarking core functionality
- Reducing developer toil by automating repetitive tasks for integrations of new clients and third party feeds
- Building data pipelines to facilitate business intelligence and user segmentation for advanced ad targeting
- Exploring containerisation across the platform to orchestrate microservices, improve time to deployment pipelines, and reduce infrastructure costs
We're looking for
- Someone with proven back end coding skills using a modern language
- Experience with productionising microservices; health checks, load balancing, service discovery, metrics, circuit breaking, etc.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent understanding
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Experience utilising databases, SQL or NoSQL
- Deep understanding of approaches to testing
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
You may also bring - or like to gain - skills in any of the following
- Professional experience with Go
- Optimisation and scaling of microservices
- Docker and containerisation
- gRPC and protobuf
We'll help you get up to speed on our technology mix
Go (aka Golang) | microservices | Node.js | Python | BigQuery | Prometheus / Kibana | PostgreSQL | Redis | Aerospike | distributed systems | Google Pub/Sub | GCP technologies | machine learning | Kanban | TDD | and more...
Salary and benefits
- £45,000 - £55,000+ negotiable
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Flexible working practices | 25 days paid holiday | private health insurance, workplace pension scheme, plus additional benefits provided via Perkbox | treat opportunities to grow your skillset working within a fast growing technology business | season ticket loan, and bike scheme | team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both London and Bristol
Fresh8 is totally unique and innovative technology business, offering - what could be called a 'next generation' product for world’s leading gambling operators that instantly connects sport fans with personalised bets.
We have grown to a 30 strong team operating across offices in Bristol and London. Since 2014, we have won a series of awards including Services Rising Star at EGR B2B Awards in 2016 and have recently landed a new injection of funding to continue our rapid growth.
Some of the largest gambling operators in the world use the Fresh8 platform to significantly improve their marketing efficiency and automatically unlock the value of their vast product data. Our partners use our platform to make more intelligent ad purchasing decisions and greatly improve ROI from their media partnerships. http://fresh8gaming.com
Location: central Bristol, South West UK, by Temple Meads station
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | email@example.com | @we_are_techfolk
RECRUITERS: Fresh8 Gaming has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner for this role and cold calling is not welcomed.
Register to comment or vote on this story